March 10th at 2:30 p.m. EST, the Senate Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions (HELP) Committee will hold a hearing on S. 277, the bipartisan Serve America Act, introduced by Senators Ted Kennedy (D-MA) and Orrin Hatch (R-UT).
Witnesses will include:
- Board Chair Alan Solomont and Vice-Chair Stephen Goldsmith, from the Corporation for National and Community Service
- Former Montana Governor Marc Racicot
- Shirley Sagawa first managing director of CNCS, and responsible for drafting the National and Community Service Act of 1990
- Lester Strong, CEO of Experience Corps
- Michelle Bouchard of HealthCorps, Dr. Mehmet Oz’s service corps
- Michael Brown of City Year
According to a statement released by Acting CEO of CNCS Nicola Goren, witness statements will be available when the hearing starts and the hearing will be streamed live over the Internet and archived for future viewing. To watch, look for the Audio/Video Link on the HELP Committee Hearings page at 2:30 pm EST/11:30 am EST.