Presigious fellowship is open for a former AmeriCorps member to serve one year at the Corporation for National and Community Service.
Eli Segal Fellows help to advance the mission of national service and the strategic goals of the Corporation. One Fellow will be selected each year who will work closely with the CEO on projects that benefit the national service field, advancing their career development and gaining a first-hand understanding of national service and the workings of a federal agency. Fellows serve for one year and earn $27,079 with full benefits, including health insurance, leave, and retirement benefits.
The Eli Segal Fellowship was established by the Corporation for National and Community Service, to
“Honor Eli Segal… a key architect of the 1993 national service legislation and served as the first CEO of the Corporation for National and Community Service. As CEO he successfully launched AmeriCorps and managed the creation of a new federal agency that united the longstanding Senior Corps and VISTA with the newer NCCC and Learn and Serve America programs. After leaving the Corporation, he remained a tireless friend and champion for service, serving on the boards of several organizations and helping build the AmeriCorps alumni movement. Segal died in February 2006.
In recognition of Eli Segal’s leadership and entrepreneurship, the Corporation’s Board of Directors has created the Eli Segal Fellowship. This prestigious fellowship will be open to AmeriCorps alumni who have exceptional leadership, drive, and commitment who will help to advance the mission and strategic goals of the Corporation.”
Who is eligible to apply?
- The Fellowship is open to all alums of AmeriCorps National, State, NCCC [1,700 hours], or AmeriCorps VISTA [1 year] who have successfully completed a full-time term of service within the past three years. Exceptions may be made for full-time education or military or other service activities.
- The Corporation and its partners want to ensure that the pool of candidates accurately reflects the diversity of AmeriCorps members who complete their term of service every year.
The Corporation for National and Community Service is looking for AmeriCorps alums who demonstrate exceptional:
• Dedication to national service and its ideals
• Leadership abilities
• Entrepreneurial spirit
• Effective communication and analytical skills
• Applications will be reviewed in a multi-stage process by Corporation staff.
• A representative or designee of the Eli Segal family will participate in the selection
• The final decision will be made by the CEO.
Interested in learning more?
On July 23, 2009, there will be a conference call dedicated to answering questions about the Fellowship from 4 PM to 5 PM EST.
Call Date: July 23, 2009
Call Time: 4:00pm Eastern Time
Duration: 1 hour
Toll Free Number: 888-769-9419
Pass Code: 9527552
The deadline to apply for the Eli Segal Fellowship is July 31st, 2009. The Fellow will begin serving in September of 2009 in Washington D.C. For more information, visit the website or email elisegalfellowship [at] cns.gov.
Ready to apply? You can do it online.