The 2009 National Conference on Volunteering and Service (NCVS) starts today!
Last night, Conference organizers announced that they’re offering the first-ever live webcast of a couple of the events this week so that people who can’t be in the room can still see what’s going on and pose questions to the speakers. Learn more & register by following the hyperlinked event titles below:
National Service Town Hall Meeting
Tuesday, June 23, 2009 — 11:30 AM – 1:30 PM PST (2:30 PM-4:30 PM Eastern)
Description: “We are at a unique moment in time and the momentum behind the national service and volunteering agenda has never been greater! This Town Hall Meeting is an opportunity for Corporation grantees, programs, and potential programs to learn the latest on the Serve America Act and United We Serve initiative, talk with our Board and senior staff, celebrate achievements, and recognize Spirit of Service award winners.”
- Shannon Schuyler, US Managing Director of Corporate Responsibility, Price Waterhouse Coopers
- Cheryl Dorsey, President, Echoing Green
- Sarah Di Troia, Partner, New Profit Inc.
- Steve Goldsmith, Vice Chair, Corporation for National and Community Service
- Ian Hardman, President, Management Leadership for Tomorrow (MLT)
- Michele Jolin, Senior Advisor for Social Innovation, Domestic Policy Council, The White House
For the opening session and other events this week, I’ll be blogging as will others. When I learn the specifics about who else is blogging and tweeting, I will let you know!